The 2020 Board Mentors of Color Program
Get matched with an experienced community leader and develop leadership skills, build & deepen community relationships and gain support in navigating Austin nonprofit boards.
THE BOARD MENTORS OF COLOR PROGRAM supports new and experienced board members of color by matching them with established community leaders as mentors and provides opportunities to develop community leadership skills, build & deepen community relationships and gain support in navigating Austin nonprofit boards. Our 2020 goals are to match 10 mentors with up to 50 mentees in a group mentoring model. Over the course of 2020, program participants are matched with mentors in a group mentoring model, meet 4 times a year and deepen their relationships with established community leaders.
* Due to Covid19 mentorship meet-ups will be virtual until further notice.
The Board Mentors of Color program supports new and experienced board members of color by matching them with an experienced mentor. This mentorship help participants navigate mainstream boards, learn from the lived experience of the mentors and address issues focused on diversity, equity and inclusion at the board table.
We’ve selected the trailblazers, groundbreakers, respected and experienced leaders in the Austin community.
Meet our 2020 Board Mentors of Color!
- Leaders expand their philanthropic efforts and knowledge to up-and-coming participants
- Provide the forum and opportunity for participants to share lived experiences that is relevant to their backgrounds, community perspectives and culture.
- Participants have an increase knowledge sharing
- Expand the TNP Leadership pipeline
- Increase engaged community members
- Participants learn to navigate Austin nonprofit boards
- Participants grow their professional network and gain support in their diversity, equity and inclusion efforts
- Participants are recognized as TNP Certified Board Prospects
If you’re looking for a better board experience and to learn from experienced leaders, apply today! Applications are now closed.
- Participants must commit to the BMOC program and its goals
- Participants must commit to meeting 4 times a year, one hour each (* Due to Covid19 mentorship meet-ups will be virtual until further notice.)
- Participants must commit to utilizing the group mentor model
- Participants must commit to using the toolkit and guides
- Participants must commit to providing feedback at the end of the program year
- Participants will attend one Equity Chair Workshop
- Participants must be or identify as people of color that may include Latinx, Black or Asian.
- Participants may be matched with board service opportunity
Applications are now closed.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our funder for making this program possible.